Chapter Guide: Final Lecture Exam
- Textbook chapters covered: Chapters 1 through Chapter 6
- A video message from the instructor
The Lecture Final Exam is approaching, and this is the time to study hard to prepare for it; hopefully you will see how much you have learned this quarter and appreciate the many hours devoted toward studying... they will be of help to you now! Here are some hints to get you started:
- The CH 221 Final Exam covers Chapter 1 through Chapter 6. There will be 32 multiple choice questions and a handful of short answer questions on the exam. Each multiple choice question will have five possible answers. You will have access to a periodic table (see this link to see what the periodic table looks like.)
- The first page of the exam will include an integrity statement that you will be required to sign. Signing the integrity statement implies that you have not received (and will not be giving) any information on the final exam to others that might imply cheating; a failure to sign the integrity statement grants an automatic score of zero, so make sure the first thing you do is to sign the statement. An example of the integrity statement (and grading sheet - see below) can be found here.
- The second page (if the exam is given face-to-face) or the last page (if this is an online exam) of the final exam will be a scoring page which will be filled out by the instructor when the exam has been graded; leave this page blank to avoid a point penalty.
- You will need a calculator and a pencil or pen for the exam.
- The completed final exam will be emailed to the instructor by 11:59 PM Wednesday on the deadline. Late final exams will be given a score of zero points, so make sure you turn the exam in early to be safe.
By this time your intense studying of the previous chapters will begin to really pay off by making the study process much easier; you have conquered the material to this point and should continue to do so on the final exam. Look over your old quizzes, exams, problem sets, etc. to remember how far you've come this term academically.
Here are some materials on the CH 221 website which may help your studying:
- Chemistry 221 Sample Quizzes and Exams
- Chapter Guide One (Chapter 1)
- A "Grade Yourself" Chapter 1 Quiz (Chapter 1)
- Chapter Guide Two (Chapter 2 Part 1)
- Chapter Guide Three (Chapter 2 Part 2)
- A "Grade Yourself" Nomenclature Quiz (Chapter 1)
- Sample Exam I (with answers) and another Sample Exam I (answers) (Chapter 1 and Chapter 2)
- Chapter Guide Four (Chapter 3 and Chapter 4)
- Chapter Guide Five (Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and Chapter 5)
- Some "self-graded" aids: Chemical Reactions Worksheet, a Limiting Reactant Example Worksheet, and an Energy Quiz
- Sample Exam II (with answers) and another Sample Exam II (answers) (Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and Chapter 5)
- Chapter Guide Six (Chapter 6)
- A "Grade Yourself" Quantum Chemistry Quiz (Chapter 6)
- A "quick and dirty" set of Study Questions for the Final Exam which include the answers; they may help you prepare for the test as well.
- A Sample Final Exam (answers) (all chapters)
- Here is a video version of the Final Exam Review session
In addition, you might wish to study using the Practice Problem Sets (with answers given at the end of the document):
- Practice Problem Set One (Chapter 1)
- Practice Problem Set Two (Chapter 2 Part 1)
- Practice Problem Set Three (Chapter 2 Part 2)
- Practice Problem Set Four (Chapter 3 and Chapter 4)
- Practice Problem Set Five (Chapter 3, Chapter 4 4 and Chapter 5)
- Practice Problem Set Six (Chapter 6)
If you need assistance on these problems, you have several options. You can visit the AVID / Learning Success Center located above the MHCC library on the Mt. Hood Community College campus; they have tutors available to help you with your chemistry homework. You can also contact me if you have any questions.
Good luck with your studying! As always, let me know if you have any questions. Peace, --- Michael
The Chapter Guides:
- Chapter Guide One (for Problem Set #1)
- Chapter Guide Two (for Problem Set #2)
- Chapter Guide Three (for Problem Set #3)
- Chapter Guide: Exam #1 (for Midterm Exam #1)
- Chapter Guide Four (for Problem Set #4)
- Chapter Guide Five (for Problem Set #5)
- Chapter Guide: Exam #2 (for Midterm Exam #2)
- Chapter Guide: Class Presentations (for the Class Presentations)
- Chapter Guide Six (for Problem Set #6)
- Chapter Guide: Final Exam (for the Final Lecture Exam)
Questions? Contact me!