This site has been designed for my students taking Chemistry 221, but all are welcome. Please contact me if you have any questions and enjoy the course content below. Enjoy!
CH 221 Announcements
- November 8, 2019
- First: no school on Monday, November 11, in celebration of Veterans' Day.
- During week 7 you should have received a handout entitled "Upcoming Events in CH 221 During Fall 2019" - you can download a new copy of this handout here.
- Take Exam II. It will cover Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and Chapter 5; bring a scantron (50 questions per side, 100 questions total), calculator and pencil, and no notes will be allowed. You should be able to see your exam grade by the following Friday. Questions about the exam? Please email me.
- Due: The "Determination of an Unknown Chloride" Lab. The Parts Per Thousand handout may help.
- Due: Take Home Quiz #5 and Exam Prep II. There will be no problem set due this week.
- The winter term 2020 class schedule is now available! If you are thinking of Chemistry 222 next quarter, you might dig seeing the Chemistry 222 website.
- Begin: The "Calorimetry" Lab this week after the Exam II. Bring your safety glasses to this lab! If you miss this lab for any reason, you will be unable to make this lab up at a later time.... so attend lab this week!
Remember that Class Presentations are approaching quickly, and Exam II is happening this week, so prepare to show me all that you have learned over the last several chapters. If you have any questions, contact me.
Here's what is happening and due during recitation in week 8 of CH 221:
Questions? Contact me!