This site has been designed for my students taking Chemistry 151, but all are welcome. Please contact me if you have any questions and enjoy the course content below. Enjoy!
CH 151 Announcements
- June 22, 2019
Welcome to the Summer 2020 CH 151 Homepage! This site is not quite ready for the Chemistry 151 Summer 2020 class, and I look forward to meeting you in person! You will find a variety of materials on this site, so feel free to use the links on the left to explore, and enjoy!
You will need to purchase (or download) the CH 151 Companion, the free textbook, a decent scientific calculator and 2 or 3 scantrons (100 questions total, 50 questions per side). The MHCC Bookstore might be of help before class starts on June 24?????, 2020 at 8 AM in room AC 2501 (close to the "F" parking lot.)
If you have any questions, please e-mail me or call at (503) 491-7348. I look forward to meeting you!
What's Due This Week
This schedule shows what we will be doing (and is due) during each day of CH 151.
These are the problem sets which we shall go over together during recitation in CH 151.
Quiz Answers and Sample Quizzes
This section will contain answers to quizzes taken in class during CH 151. Also, sample quizzes from previous terms of CH 151 are provided (with answers.)
- Sample Quiz #1 (answers)
- Sample Quiz #2 (answers)
- Sample Quiz #3 (answers)
- Sample Midterm Exam (answers)
- Sample Quiz #4 (answers)
- Sample Quiz #5 (answers)
- Self Grade Excel Form
These learning resources will be of help while you learn the material in CH 151.
- Dimensional Analysis Worksheet
- Common Polyatomic Ions and the Corresponding Acids
- Nomenclature Self Quiz
- Mass, Moles, Atoms Study Questions
- Chemical Reactions Worksheet
- Stoichiometry Guide
- Limiting Reactant Example
- Electron Configurations Handout
- An Aufbau Diagram
- Study Questions for the Final Exam
Contact me any time you have questions, ok?
These are the lab assignments we will complete in CH 151.
- Lab Intro Page
- Lab Safety
- Lab Glassware and Periodic Table
- Eight Bottles
- Problem Solving - The Dimensional Analysis Method
- Chemical Formulas - Nomenclature
- Determination of the Density of Liquids and Solids
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Models
- Chemistry Crossword Puzzle (just for fun)
- Chemical Equations and Reaction Types
- Percent Potassium Chlorate in a Mixture
These additional learning resources might also assist you while learning the concepts in CH 151.
- Introductory Mathematics Concept Guide
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Metric Guide
- SI Base Units
- SI Prefixes
- Significant Figures
- Scientific Notation
- Scientific Notation 2
- Mass Percent
- Dimensional Analysis
- Factor Label
- Blank Periodic Table
- Charge Guide
- Three Particles
- Formulas Guide
- Ionic Charges
- Three Perspectives
- Three Compounds
- Greek Prefixes
- Ionic Compounds
Questions? Contact me!